Last Updated January 2019
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION & USE
Registration. The Service requires a login in order to provide you with a personalized account. During our account registration process, we will collect an email address, your first and last name, and a password from you. You must provide all of this information in order to obtain an account. After completing our registration form, you will receive a welcome email describing your new SPARK account, and how to access that account. You may, at your option, also store your social media credentials as part of your account with our Service. SPARK will collect the following personally identifiable information from you: credit card number, credit card expiration date, and zip code, and keep this information on file in our secure server in order to process your recurring invoices. You may, at your option, also provide your company name, full billing address and phone number. This information is used to verify credit card authenticity, and process payments as per your applicable service agreement. If we are unable to process your subscription for a given month, this information, along with your account information, may be used to contact you.
SPARK provides a number of tools that will allow you to promote your website (or articles on your website) over email. Email addresses entered into these forms are not stored in our database, but may be stored in our system logs in text format to assist us in tracking down abusive users (users flooding the system), or using these tools for spamming. We will never contact addresses logged in this manner. The email sent through any of these mechanisms is a one time email only.
Server Logs. When accessing web pages on the Website, SPARK may log your IP address, access URL, time of access, geographic location, browser type, and referral URL in order to provide us with internal information regarding site traffic statistics. This information may also be used to identify users who are using the service for spam or other activity that is deemed in conflict with our Terms of Service. Otherwise, this information is used in the aggregate, and is never linked back to any personally identifiable information.
Comments and User Content Posted to the Website. If you post any Comments or User Content on the Website, you should be aware that any personally identifiable information you choose to provide there may be read, collected, or used by other users of the Website, as well as other third parties. We are not responsible for the information you choose to submit in these forums. We cannot guarantee that other users have not made copies of and/or will not use such information outside of the Website. We are not responsible for information you choose to post in this forum.
3. INFORMATION SECURITY. We store all user information in secure databases protected via a variety of industry-standard access controls. Secure passwords, SSL encryption and other measures are in place that helps us to protect your data. However, no company, including SPARK, can fully eliminate security risks associated with the transmission of personal information through online transactions, and you do so at your own risk. If you have any questions about security on the Website, you can send us a support request.
4. CHANGING INFORMATION. All information that SPARK stores related to your account, including any subscription billing information, is accessible through your SPARK Client Area interface. You may use this interface to adjust your information at any time, and we encourage you to keep this information up to date so that your customer service requests and billing processes operate efficiently.
5. COMMUNICATIONS FROM SPARK. We will send you service-related announcements on occasions when it is necessary to do so. For instance, if our service is temporarily suspended for maintenance, we might send you an email. We may also send you messages from time to time about new features, news or services that we will offer to our users. Generally, you may not opt-out of these communications, which are not promotional in nature. If you do not wish to receive them, you have the option to deactivate your account. Upon issuing a customer support request to SPARK, we may use your information and email address to contact you regarding your inquiry.
6. INFORMATION SHARING AND DISCLOSURE
Aggregate Information (non-personally identifiable). We share aggregated demographic information about our user base with our marketing partners. This information does not identify individual users. This information contains statistics related to traffic and the geographic location of our customers. We also may share aggregated user information with third parties who help us to analyze our user base to improve the Service. Other than as described herein, we do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information. SPARK employs third-party service providers to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include credit card processing, email service providers, analyzing data, providing customer service. These service providers have access to personal information needed to perform such functions on our behalf.
We may release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms of Service; or protect the rights, property, or safety of SPARK, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
7. LOG FILES. As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer websites, to track users’ movements around websites and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically-collected data to personally identifiable information.
8. COOKIES. Like most websites, we use small bits of data called cookies stored on users’ computers to simulate a continuous connection. Cookies let us ‘remember’ information about your preferences and passwords and allow you to move within our Service without reintroducing yourself. Members who disable cookies will not be able to use the Service, as they are required to maintain your login to our service within a browser session. Disabling cookies does not prevent you from accessing websites published under our system, though some features of those sites may be degraded.
We encourage you to be aware when you leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. You will receive a notification when you leave SPARK.
10. LEGAL DISCLAIMER. We reserve the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process served on us, our subsidiaries, affiliates, employees or agents.
11. PHONE RECORDING. You agree that SPARK (and its affiliates, agents, and contractors) may monitor and record any calls between you and us. If we need to contact you regarding your request for service, you authorize us (and our affliates, agents, and contractors) to contact you at any number (i) you have provided to us (ii) from which you called us, or (iii) which we obtained and believe we can reach you at. We may contact you in any way, such as calling, texting, or e-mail. We may contact you on a mobile, wireless, or similar device, even if you are charged for it by your provider. You expressly consent and agree that SPARK may record and/or monitor such phone calls, and that such calls may be used by SPARK for business or marketing purposes.